Isaac
Earlier this week

Paul George signs with 76ers, $212/4

Not a huge surprise after recent developments, but still a major player in theory making a new contender in the East. Oubre Jr resigned, Drummond and Gordon joined the 76ers also. They could have about $9m left to work with.

Topic #52070 | Report this topic

LV  
Earlier this week

He's 34 and missed playoffs 2 of the last 3 years through injury. Averaged about 30 missed regular season games per year across 5 seasons with LA. And they're giving him a max contract.

I hope him and Embiid stay healthy, cos they could challenge Boston. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Reply #943261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Earlier this week

Might be something they almost had to do to placate Embiid. Write off the fourth year mentally and hope for a strong three-year patch. Embiid is already 30.

Reply #943268 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Yesterday

I feel Paul George was on fire until sustaining a horrific injury while playing for USA in Vegas, he has never been quite the same since.

It happened ten years ago and he's still getting a max deal. NBA contracts are wild.

Reply #943359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 am, Thu 4 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754