+
Earlier this year

U10 & 12 foul shot court markings

so many courts no longer have a small line for U10s & 12s when taking foul shots - you see umpires guessing where to shoot from. Lines need to be marked - small detail but needs to be correct. Multiple courts around Adelaide without the markings.

Topic #52069 | Report this topic

tf247  
Earlier this year

This is my biggest pet peeve at moment with our local comp. having a 10yo and 7yo the randomness of courts and refs on where to shoot from is a joke.
Some of the courts they just randomly use one of the 50 other lines from other court setups like tennis/volleyball that may not even be the right distance and then some courts don't have them at all and refs either make them shoot from the full line or just pick a spot.

it is a little thing but yep can be frustrating...and then at 7yo games some refs will die on the hill on calling a kid up if they jump over the line and others will let the kid basically walk up to the ring and not call it.
ahh the joys

Reply #944885 | Report this post

Massive  
Earlier this year

your right it is a little thing. doesn't matter too much.

Reply #944892 | Report this post

tf247  
Earlier this year

Of course I spoke too soon. The same week I see this thread my 7yo daughter had two FTs to tie a game after the buzzer tonight. Sure enough no official line, just a random volleyball line that is about 20/30cm too far from ring.
But ref called her for jumping over this random long line and would have been within a standard u10 line. So instead of a tie they lost by a point.
No real impact on a season but shame she didn't get fairytale ending

Reply #944948 | Report this post

Massive  
Earlier this year

Tbh refs need to relax about that rule in u10s too.

Reply #944950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754