Isaac
Last month

Orlando decline Ingles' $11m team option

But sounds like they might try to keep him at a cheaper rate.

Topic #52066 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last month

Honestly Ingles has done so well to have a 10 year career in the NBA. Never looked an NBA player in the NBL nor in Europe I couldn't believe it when the Clippers signed him to a training camp contract.

Exum getting drafted by the Jazz might be the best thing that ever happened to Ingles because when the Clippers cut him before the season the Jazz grabbed him probably just initially as a buddy for Exum but he turned into the better player. 10 years and $84M USD later and he's still likely not done yet.

He's been a great servant of Australian basketball too always putting his hand up for the Boomers and about to play in his 5 x Olympics to go with 4 x WC's. Incredible really the career he ended up having.

Reply #943189 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last month

I suspect there is close to zero chance Ingles would come back to Adelaide, but it would be interesting to see if he could be effective as a stretch 4 like Barlow was a few years back. Would be a great asset for basketball in SA on and off the court.

Reply #943192 | Report this post

Hedge  
Last month

Well said Zodiac.
Never would have guessed watching him running around with the Dragons that he would have the career he's had. Won a championship in pretty much every league besides the NBA.
Seems like a genuinely nice bloke as well.

Reply #943200 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

Talk was Ingles wanted to remain in Orlando, even if he was going to play in the G-League. I know he doesn't like moving around a ton because they've got a son with autism, but he's also a great veteran for a young team like Orlando to keep too. He's never relied on athleticism in his game, so he's the type of guy who being 36, about to turn 37 that I wouldn't be worried about suddenly hitting a cliff performance wise.

Reply #943207 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Never would have guessed watching him running around with the Dragons that he would have the career he's had.

You didn't watch his first pro game then - a 30 point performance as a rookie, which broke the NBL record, and then proceeded to tone it down in order to be a better teammate.

Reply #943222 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Yesterday

It's time to come home Joe.
37y.o in a few months.

Reply #943228 | Report this post

Kev  
Yesterday

Jingles is a man of principles. He remembers the lack of enthusiasm by his own local NBL side to recruiting him. They spelt his name wrong in an invite to him. He is well aware that the owners have passed many hands since then, however the brand is the brand.

You won't catch Jingles in a Sixers singlet as a result.

Reply #943234 | Report this post

Cram  
Yesterday

I think Ingles has one year left in the NBA and likely with Orlando. They needed cap flexibility to sign KCP which they've done now. Mo Wagner is in the same boat where his option was declined but they're expecting to bring them both back. Both great veterans to have on the bench.

Reply #943243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Tue 2 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754