Kruger
Last month

Hawks sign Trey Kell

The Illawarra Hawks have added another exciting piece to their NBL25 playing roster with the signing of import Guard Trey Kell III.

The 6'5, American guard will be well known to NBL fans, having previously played with the South East Melbourne Phoenix and, most recently, the Adelaide 36ers.

In his 49 NBL games, Kell III has averaged 14.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.2 assists since entering the league in

Topic #52064 | Report this topic

word14  
Last month

Nice pickup

Reply #943141 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last month

pg or sg

Reply #943142 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Good signing

Reply #943145 | Report this post

Bullets  
Last month

He's a SG @Saint23.

Is he really 6-5"?
I would have thought 6-4” tops having stood next to him while he was at the Phoenix

Reply #943146 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last month

so who is the point pg for the hawks

Reply #943147 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Good signing. He gets some rough treatment on these boards but I like his mix of skills and he can play pretty tough

Reply #943148 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

SEM 1 year, Adelaide 1 year, Illawarra 1 year...Hawks know his skill set but only contracted for a year. It appears odd

Reply #943149 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

SEM 1 year, Adelaide 1 year, Illawarra 1 year...Hawks know his skill set but only contracted for a year. It appears odd

Reply #943151 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

In fairness not many offering multi year deals for imports at the moment. Everyone preferring to sign year by year

Reply #943155 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Very underrated, played PG alongside DJ all of last season very capably. Harvey will do some ball carrying as well.

Certainly an upgrade on Justin Robinson.

Reply #943156 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

I liked Kell last year, decent ball handler, good hit shots from most places on the court, could, he just had a bit of a tendency to take shots outside the flow of the offense at times, which with DJV doing the same did create some frustrating moments.

Reply #943169 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

I'm a bit disappointed by this. Although Kell isn't a proper PG he handled himself decently in the role after McCarron went to the bench.

Likely a better PG can be found on the market but given the Sixers uncanny ability to botch import selections I was kind of hoping we would take the safer option and bring back Kell especially after him being used to playing with DJV and Ice. Now a new import who might not like being behind DJV in the pecking order.

Well done to the Hawks although not a natural PG he's a definite upgrade on Robinson.

Reply #943186 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last month

I feel the same Zodiac. Lets hope whoever they sign quickly makes us feel good about moving on from Kell!

Reply #943191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Tue 2 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754