word14
Last month

NZNBL 2024 Season

Based off the amount of people involved in an NZNBL discussion on another thread I thought I'd made a dedicated one to discuss the remainder of the season. Still a lot to play for- the battle for the top 2 spots between Auckland, Canterbury and Taranaki. Wellington and Franklin battling for 4th and a home play-in game. Can Tauranga, Otago or Hawke's bay string a few wins together and challenge Nelson for the last playoff spot, my money would be on Tauranga at the moment. And finally, Southland and Manawatu in a sad battle to avoid the wooden spoon, at the moment Southland look a lot better, can the Jets do anything to avoid the spoon?

Topic #52062 | Report this topic

Kolzee  
Last month

Saints have been surprisingly patchy and now that they've lost tall blacks I think they'll slide out of 4th

Reply #943131 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Agreed, Franklin haven't been great at times but probably deserve 4th more. Airs getting ripped apart by Olbrich and the Rams right now

Reply #943133 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Lachie Olbrich with an enormous 30 point, 18 rebound double-double (plus 5 assists and 2 steals) leads Canterbury to a 121-94 win over a Jets team who were respectable most of the afternoon. 15 straight for the Rams who lock in a home Semi-Final spot

Reply #943179 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Olbrich could be the MVP of the league on what I've seen, bettered Froling when playing against him. He’ll need more court time at hawks in the new season.

Reply #943184 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Commentators shared similar sentiments this evening about his MVP potential and role on the Hawks. He's a walking double double, though his lack of shot blocking was lamented a little by the commentators tonight. Definitely expect to see him averaging 15-20 mins a game, if not more when Frolings having a bad night.

Reply #943185 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last month

Another fk up by Sixers management. Olbrich an Adelaide lad, spent a season with the Sixers as a DP, goes off to play college quits after one year and then bypasses us and signs a 3 year deal with the Hawks instead.

Olbrich looks like he has genuine potential and now we have to console ourselves with Griscti.

Reply #943187 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Yeah he is really using this NZNBL campaign to show off his skillset, 36ers are definitely kicking themselves.

Reply #943188 | Report this post

word14  
Last month

Nelson had a chance to lock in the last playoffs spot tonight, but the much improved Sharks don't let it happen, picking up their first road win of the season 98-83. Dan Gridas huge effort of 40 points still wasn't enough for the Giants to win. The result means Tauranga are still a chance at playoffs, thanks to their buzzer beater victory on Thursday. Also a shoutout to Callum MacRae with the seasons first triple-double, 22pts, 21rebs, 11asts.

Reply #943190 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last month

I hope the Whai can make a late season surge, Franklin and Nelson both pissing their finals chances away.

Winner going to be out of the Rams and Saints I feel

Reply #943221 | Report this post

word14  
Yesterday

Agreed, I'm very much hoping for the Whai to take 6th as well. Seems very hard to see anyone but Canterbury winning the championship right now

Reply #943229 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Tue 2 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754