RobT
Last week

2024 NBA Draft

"NBA Draft, Pick 2: Next Star Alexandre Sarr", from NBL webs.

Topic #52060 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Last week

I liked the Ouizards joke I saw somewhere the other day.

So far:

1. Risacher (France)
2. Sarr (France)
3. Sheppard
4. Castle

The Ringer on Risacher:

It's not a particularly sexy pick—Risacher is easily the most poached-chicken-and-steamed-broccoli top guy in more than a decade. But Atlanta had its massive draft-night controversy exactly two months ago. I guess you can’t really blame the Hawks for playing it safe.

Connective piece on offense who could quickly earn a role with his two-way versatility.

SHADES OF
Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris

5. Holland II
6. Salaun
7. Clingan
8. Dillingham
9. Edey

Spurs have added two PGs in Castle and Dillingham. Bound to get it right with one of them?

Castle's comparison is Iguodala. Dillingham's is Lou Williams and Bones Hyland, so maybe he's their bench impact guy, in theory. Edit: Nope, Minnesota just traded a pick and a pick swap for Dillingham.

Reply #943040 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

AJ Johnson to the bucks at pick 23, didn't expect him to go that high

Reply #943042 | Report this post

Cram  
Last week

Dillingham moved to Wolves

Reply #943043 | Report this post

Cram  
Last week

No love for Furphy

Reply #943044 | Report this post

bazza99  
Last week

Not surprised to see Furphy not taken. Extremely vanilla, not really a shooter(outside of a month or so hot streak mid season), can't create his own shot, and will need years of development. I was shocked he got a green room invite

Reply #943045 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Only two next star in first round, not bad but the nbl media hype predicted more.

Reply #943046 | Report this post

Cram  
Last week

Lots of guys from outside of the college system overall.

Reply #943047 | Report this post

SonicBoomer  
Last week

Sad Lakers didn't take Bronny for the memes. Maybe LK's Bronny to the NBL pipe dream lives!

Reply #943048 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last week

Congrats to Sarr & AJ. Bit of a shame about Furphy after getting a green room invite, NBC predicted the Magic would take him at #18 and I thought that would be a good spot for him with Ingles as a mentor much like he was for Exum in Utah.

NBC also had Klintman going to Boston at #30 so he would be a bit disappointed missing out on that set you up for life guaranteed money in the first round. NBC also had Flowers getting drafted at #58 by Dallas, how come there are only 58 picks it used to be 60?

Anyway Furphy & Klintman should both get drafted tomorrow, Flowers an outside chance but probably not going to happen for Hukporti & Rubstavicius.

Reply #943049 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

Seems like France are going to be a problem for a long time!

Reply #943050 | Report this post

Cram  
Last week

Only 58 picks right now because a couple of teams lost second round picks for a couple of seasons due to tampering and therefore those picks no longer exist

Reply #943051 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last week

Okay thanks Cram I remember hearing something about that at the time but thought that was like 8-10 years ago when it happened.

Reply #943053 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last week

"Only two next star in first round, not bad but the nbl media hype predicted more."

Dunkman, no doubt, the hype media will milk those two picks for weeks and months to come.

Reply #943054 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last week

Zodiac - Re Ingles, I dont think Magic will be keeping him as they have a team option on his deal and by not signing him it saves them 11 million. They made the right choice in getting Da Silva.

Reply #943055 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last week

For argument's sake say Klintmann goes second round on a 2-way contract, does he cease to be a NS and become an import if he returns to Cairns?

Reply #943062 | Report this post

Anon  
Last week

No. Same as Didi Louzada at Sydney

Reply #943064 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

More importantly did they announce Sarr as being from the Perth Wildcats?

Reply #943068 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Apparently sarr turned down the invite to work out with the Atlanta hawks. Not sure why he would do that but obviously ruled him out of number one pick in that case

Reply #943071 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Rubstavicius needs one more year of seasoning IMO. He looked real good in spurts, but without the athleticism of the other Next Stars he'd need a Besson-type season in the NBL to have a real shot at being drafted IMO.

Reply #943075 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

I'm guessing Sarr didn't want Atlanta because he would have to split some minutes with guys like Capella or Okongwu and he's gonna be down in the pecking order and on a team that Trae Young would consider his.

In Washington he's gonna be the best big man there right off the bat. He'll get minutes and whatever offensive load (or whatever load Poole isn't jacking up) he can carry thrown at him.

Reply #943076 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

It's a good fit minutes-wise, but I suspect the fanbase will be expecting big things from Sarr right off the bat given their history, and I'm not sure he's going to be an instant impact type of guy.

Reply #943077 | Report this post

+  
Last week

yes they announced Sarr as pert wildcats.

from my calculations 2 nd round start 6am EST in Aust

Reply #943079 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Furphy to the Spurs with pick 35

Reply #943083 | Report this post

Scout  
Last week

Indiana or the Spurs?

Reply #943084 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Traded to Indiana

Reply #943085 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Klintman to the Pistons at 37

Reply #943088 | Report this post

Scout  
Last week

How is Indiana as a fit for Furphy?

Reply #943090 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

No one cares anymore other than Pick #55

Reply #943091 | Report this post

SonicBoomer  
Last week

Some media fringe media outlets Bronny James could play in Australia...

Bob Myers states that Rich Paul is warning teams against drafting Bronny James, threatening that James will play in Australia next season if selected

https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1806432300109836296

Not sure that makes much sense to me, but good the NBL is being talked about i guess?

Reply #943092 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last week

Good to see Hukporti getting picked (but last)

Reply #943093 | Report this post

Peter  
Last week

Lakers pick Bronny James at pick 55.

What happens to undrafted next stars on 2 year deals?

Does Flowers have to play at 36ers unless both sides agree to tear up contract?

Reply #943094 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last week

Flowers to clippers.

Reply #943095 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last week

Bronny be good at NZ since they dont have a coach and you are getting Lebron in your ear whether you like it or not. Great for the league make it happen!

Reply #943098 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last week

The Rich Paul threat of Bronny coming to the NBL was to scare off every team other than the Lakers from drafting him.

Reply #943101 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

What is happening to Caitlin Clark currently is nothing to what the NBA boys are going to do to Bronny if he ever hits the court.

Reply #943105 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

What is happening to Caitlin Clark currently is nothing to what the NBA boys are going to do to Bronny if he ever hits the court.

That's a fair comment, considering "what is happening to Caitlin Clark" is indeed virtually nothing (other than facing defenders every night who are way bigger, stronger and quicker than what she had to deal with in college, which is par for the course for any player moving from college to the pros, and also having endorsement opportunities thrown her way constantly, which Bronny would also have to endure)

Reply #943107 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last week

Does Flowers getting signed open up a Next Star spot for us now? Or are we not getting one this year?

Reply #943109 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

GM already confirmed 36ers won't be getting a Next Star this year.

Reply #943110 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

I meant the targeting but hey you do you

Reply #943111 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last week

I don't know that they'd target him in any serious way. I imagine LeBron is genuinely respected across the league, and Bronny is coming in after the health scare and pitching a hard-working game independent of his father.

Reply #943114 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

I doubt Bronny is going to see any significant court time in the near future but there will be a lot of players who will resent his silver spoon ride. And I'm sure if you want to get under Daddy’s skin you simply go and Bronny...when he plays in junk time

Reply #943118 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last week

Ducas with a 2 way -OKC. That's an odd one.

Reply #943119 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

A lot not so good players in all leagues get the free ride on who they are, know etc, good luck to both.

Reply #943126 | Report this post

Grimace  
Last week

ABC is reporting Alex Ducas offered a 2-way with OKC

Reply #943129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 pm, Sun 30 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754