Adm
Two years ago

Eurobasket 2022 & courtside1891

Hi all,

Has anyone used courtside1891 to watch games? Any good? Appears to be the best way to watch Eurobasket starting soon, was thinking to subscribe.

Thanks

Topic #50378 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

ESPN Australia signed a FIBA broadcast deal but I don't see EuroBasket on any schedule. Hmm...

Reply #897959 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Used courtside for the Fiba Asia Cup and just signed up for the upcoming WC qualifiers.

No complaints really, works fine and seems to be the only provider of FIBA games if you can't be bothered finding some dodgy stream.

Reply #897961 | Report this post

rjd  
Two years ago

Used it for some of the qualifiers. Not a bad quality stream, but has awful commentators.

Reply #897966 | Report this post

Adm  
Two years ago

Thank you for the feedback:)

Reply #897967 | Report this post

Zinger  
Two years ago

Hmm where do I start:

- currently get an error when trying to log in on android phone
- replays can take hours to become available and then even longer to be available in HD
- difficult to access game replays without coming across the result
- lack of consistency between what is on the website and the app versions
- their calendar has a bug where it doesn't change the day correctly when doing a time conversion so you can't trust their schedule

I could go on... I've raised alot of this with them months ago and the log in error 2 days ago but obviously it's fallen on deaf ears.

I asked if there would be an android tv version of the app in the future and they said "we don't know what that is" so again it seems Fiba has gone the cheap route for it's streaming service and don't give two shits about the actual end product.

Reply #897995 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

How much is the subscription for courtside 1891? Their site sends me going around in circles!

Reply #898004 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

courtside1891, much like its name, is an abortion.

Pirated streams here I come.

Reply #898006 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

By the way wow at the quality and intensity of the Serbia-Greece World Cup qualifier from yesterday.

Reply #898007 | Report this post

rjd  
Two years ago

"How much is the subscription for courtside 1891? Their site sends me going around in circles!"

I paid US$16 for the year ("Courtside Max"). What is a year? A full 12 months or until the end of the year? Courtside1891 didn't make it clear. Now I see it listed as $8 until the end of the year. They are not clear about their packages and limitations.

The downsides are:
- appalling navigation of the site, it can take 5 minutes just to find a recently played game
- poor presentation of games schedule
- difficulty cancelling subscription gives the site con vibes
- terrible commentators
- puzzling choice of name for the site, doesn't sound official at all
- lack of clear information on subscription plans

The stream itself has been reliable for me. I had issues with Kayo, so Courtside1891 was an improvement. The price seemed pretty good, although I wonder if that $16 might be a first year promotion, or they will make it too difficult to unsubscribe.

Reply #898011 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

Thanks rjd. It does all sound very off so I'll stick with a couple of pirate streams for now.

Reply #898012 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Basketball was invented in 1891. That's the basis of the name. It is odd though, doesn't sound like something linked to the governing body.

Reply #898016 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

We know what it means but it is awkward.

Reply #898035 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754