Shooter
Two years ago

Basketballs in stadiums

Last weekend almost saw a very bad accident happen. Little kids basketball rolls on to court with player almost landing on it after doing his layup.
Is it about time the stadiums provided 3 basketballs per court 1 for each team warmup and a game ball and maybe allow the coach to bring a ball in to the stadium.
This would stop referees acting like police to get kids off court during timeouts and halftime.
When was the last time you needed all 10 kids to bring a basketball to games and use all 10 in warmup. Never. I counted 13 kids with basketballs bouncing around 1 court after this incident.
I just think this is accident waiting to happen.............
Am I just being over cautious?

Topic #50008 | Report this topic

Anon  
Two years ago

Victorian clubs have been doing this for 20+ years. Well at least at the associations I have been involved in

Reply #890777 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I remember playing at Dandy and they had a rule like this but MSAC didnt.

Reply #890778 | Report this post

HighIQ  
Two years ago

When I coached we had a rule about that no dribbling the balls during games and if I caught you it was the bench you would go. Sadly parents don't think anything of until it happens to they kid and most coaches are parent coaches and don’t understand Basketball IQ. I’ll this and it will sound harsh but most the kids doing this can’t play are sit the bench. All that dribbling should be done in training and warm ups of the game they are playing not just walking into a stadium and start dribbling the ball.

Reply #890782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 pm, Fri 18 Oct 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754