incognito
Years ago

Jana Pitman

A bit of non - basketball olympic discussion.

Did anyone see Jana Pitmans race in the hurdles. Damn, what is going on there? I tell you what maybe some of our local knee surgeons should contact the guy in England (??I think??) that did her scrape and find out what the deal is there.

Even if there was not too much scar tissue just opening up the knee causes significant trauma!

And as for Pitman's support team if they could bottle up whatever she did or has and sell it Im sure there would be a whole lot of ppl here interested.

If anyone finds some links or has some ideas on her rehab then post them here....

Topic #487 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

I think she got some help from the Australian cycling team :)

Reply #3973 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

Yeah - what the hells wit that?! far out - i thought she mite finish but with her knee hanging from a thread.....i wonder how much that knee surgeon costs?!

Reply #3974 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

true champion

Reply #3975 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Heard she once got her coach to call an ambulance at a meet cos she hurt herself, then decided that she could run anyway after the ambulance had arrived, went on to win it!

True Champion or True ATTENTION SEEKER? She seems crazy enough to make the whole thing up, but I hope she wins GOLD any way... Just a conspiracy theory, don't want the Olympic Commitee all over me Ha ha!

Reply #3984 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

attention seeker? pfffffffffffffft

Reply #3986 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A guy calling himself Shaqdiddy suggests Jana Pitman is an attenion seeker? C'mon guys - we all know ego goes hand in hand with being a champion at that level.

I say good luck to her. She is one step or landing away from blowing that knee to bits. Here's hoping she can get through the preliminaries, make it to the final, and then do whatever she does. Whether she wins or not, in the hearts of all Australians, she's a bloody champion just for being there and can then take a well-deserved few months' break to recover.

My bet: she'll win a medal. To borrow a well-used cliche - she has a heart as big as Phar-lap.

Reply #3990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't go as far to call her an attention seeker (the Australian media are pretty decent at giving certain names attention whether they want it or not), but I do have to admit that when she was first injured and I wondered if it had been partially fabricated to give the eventual "dream" story of injury-to-medal. Just a gut feeling though.

Reply #4047 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

no way, her injury was as serious as was claimed, if not she wuda been caught trainin earlier then she did, if it was made out wore than it was she wud hav jumped more than 3 hurdles b4 her first race thats for sure

Reply #4049 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Read in the paper today that one of the key things they did in her surgery was not use stitches. Apparantly this helped her heal quicker. KDFHA the moderators said that discussion about olympic sports was ok during the olympics.

Reply #4070 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Agree Isaac, wait for the sports documentry of Pitmans journey from heartbreak to gold rush.

Reply #4075 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Alternatively, the Iraqi soccer team propaganda movie.

Reply #4083 | Report this post

Steven Spielberg  
Years ago

mmmm....

Reply #4085 | Report this post

golden greek  
Years ago

dont u guys realise that this whole jana pitman thing is mostly crap! this poser has now made herself a nice profit of cash with all these interviews, reports etc. She has made some cash and now her knee is back to normal just b4 the race...funny that. throwing her crutches down when she left the hospital was childish and showed she has no class. regardless of whether she wins or loses she will not be given any negatives by anyone cos if she wins then shes the best. but if she loses then she can use her knee as an excuse. My opinion is that she should stop whining about her 'injured' knee and just race. U watch the greek runner beat her in the final. at least she has some class and doesnt take up the front page of the newspaper wif her propergander and bullsh*t

Reply #4439 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Lets hope the greek runner does not have a "motorcycle accident" prior to the race...

Reply #4450 | Report this post

bogan boy  
Years ago

ur joking right! Faked???? u can not be serious. here we have a true Aussie champion showing the Australian spirit never to give up and you guys want to make it into a conspiracy.

Reply #4529 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

i dont think she would have made it all up, seeing as she then missed a solid week of training. we have all seen how seriously she takes her preparation, and she has had this preparation mapped out for the last 12 months. if she faked it, do you really think she would have lost her semi by that much, I think not. by the way 'golden greek', when did pitman exactly 'whine' about her injury.....I cant recall.

Reply #4559 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Tall poppy syndrome. We'll all be cheering Thursday morning.

Reply #4603 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Have to agree with the last few posts. Why do we always cut down our tall poppies? If Jana Pittman is logging on to this website: 1) get a life Jana! and 2) get stuck into them - we're damn proud of you and will be up early Thursday morning!!

Reply #4624 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the media makes us cynical.

I know that I feel more pride in the quieter (media-wise) achievers like Sara Carrigan, Suzanne Balogh, Tim Cuddihy, etc.

Reply #4626 | Report this post

frocky  
Years ago

She must have had hyperbaric treatment to be able to run that well so soon. Any way good luck to her I say

Reply #4627 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Saw somethign on the telly last night, and she showed her scars from the knee recon.

Having had a recon myself, they certainly looked like recon scars.

Reply #4630 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Surely she did not have a recon? It was only an arthrescope wasn't it?

Reply #4642 | Report this post

golden greek  
Years ago

haha see wot did i tell ya! the greek runner won the gold and ur lil drama queen came a lowly fifth. eat sh*t!

Reply #4805 | Report this post

avanti  
Years ago

Yes, very worthwhile...

As far as i can recall, no one was blowing bags saying she was going to win, golden pin head....

Oh and propaganda is not "propergander".... Just after you go back to the School forum area, go and finish your english homework....

Reply #4807 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I'm sure she will be found out to be a drug cheat just like all Greek Olympians before her....

Reply #4809 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

piognant comments golden greek, your vocab astounds me

Reply #4815 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well I got up early for something....to see Australia get screwed by the ref - blatantly a ball!!

Pity about Jana, I knew she'd tanked it about halfway round the back straight when she started to get caught, she knew it to by her face. But hey, 2 weeks ago 0% chance of runnning - amazing effort.

Reply #4914 | Report this post

hi bong  
Years ago

goodbye

Reply #23145 | Report this post

you go girl!  
Years ago

i think it takes a lot of courage to do someithing like this. i would like do comend her on her efforts. she proably shouldn't have run in that race but good on her for trying. how many of us get an oppotunity like this, you would bearly go and throw it away just like that. she would have thought this desision over and over again. i personally think she made the right choice. you rok girl!!:)

Reply #28357 | Report this post

Gabzilla  
Years ago

C'mon ppl i think that this is a serious matter i mean dat if u were in her position u wouldnt like to be haveing ppl post a whole site devoted to her attention seeking...If u think that she is that bad then go to and athletics meet and run a 400m hurdles and win ok so u all need to stop saying stuff that u have no idea is tru okay......................TOLD!!!!!

Reply #32005 | Report this post

foxygal  
Years ago

go go gal go go gal

Reply #35660 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

What I love about Jana Pittman is how she said that after everything last year she was gonna stay out of the public eye. Then, she followed that up by announcing that her wedding was going to be at Toronga Zoo!

1) She said the date
2) She told the media where it was gonna be held
3) She is holding it in a public place!

Good work Jana! Way to stay out of the public eye!

Reply #35664 | Report this post

mmikkj  
Years ago

heppo

Reply #36361 | Report this post

Ebony  
Years ago

I love your style, your speed and our photograph. Some people may be rude to you. Jealousy. They must be bean bags on the couch, that have no idea about effort, sacrifice that enables a champion such as yourself to WIN. No excuses about injuries; that's what happens even if your 8 years old, our sporting bodies take the test year after year. I'm attending Commonwealth Games in 2006 just to see you race. I have a great hurdle shot of myself. My Teacher exclaimed "were the hurdles to short for you".

Reply #41763 | Report this post

abbbie  
Years ago

i think she is bad as can be i haye her so much i wont to voment she is so ugle as a pece of poow

Reply #72865 | Report this post

abbbie  
Years ago

she is so cool

Reply #72868 | Report this post

carp  
Years ago

you are a disgrace and an arrogant twat

Reply #73765 | Report this post

carp  
Years ago

should be ashamed to call yourself australian, but im sure all of us are ashamed for you, she is an attention seeker,,,, TAM Lewis rules

Reply #73766 | Report this post

carp  
Years ago

I really feel for the boyfriend, if she wins, i guess she'll dump him to. Dont know who she think she is, she aint that f**ken good

Reply #73767 | Report this post

i dunno  
Years ago

she rules

Reply #75613 | Report this post

pusssssssssssssy  
Years ago

hiiiiiiiiiiii wat up love ya

Reply #75808 | Report this post

pusssssssssssssy  
Years ago

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi

Reply #75809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754